Life Time Notice at Collection for California Employees
Effective Date: January 1, 2023
We provide you this notice because under the CCPA, California Residents who are employees, employee applicants, or contractors qualify as Consumers. For purposes of this Life Time California Employee Notice at Collection, when we refer to Consumers, we mean you to the extent you are a California employee, employee applicant, or contractor. Where we refer to employment, engagement, or work, in this California Employee Notice at Collection, we do so for convenience only, and this should in no way be interpreted as purporting to confer employment status on non-employees to whom this California Employee Notice at Collection also applies. This California Employee Notice at Collection does not form part of any contract of employment or engagement, does not confer any employment status or contractual right on any Life Time employees, employee applicants, or contractors, and does not place any contractual obligation on us. If you are a California resident engaging with us for your personal or household purposes or are a California business contact, please refer to the Life Time State Privacy Notice at Collection and Privacy Rights for a description of Life Time’s privacy practices in that context.
Notice of Information Collected and/or Disclosed
We may collect Personal Information from you in a variety of different situations, including, but not limited to on our website, your mobile device, through email, in physical locations, through the mail, and/or over the telephone. More specifically, Life Time collects the following categories of Personal Information from California employees or potential employees, which will depend on the particular Business Purpose for which we collect it:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|California Customer Records.||A name, signature, Social Security number, or, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age, race, national origin, citizenship, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), information relating to same sex benefits, veteran or military status.|
|Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation data.||Approximate location based on IP address or office address.|
|Sensory data.||Audio information (such as call recordings).|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, predispositions, attitudes, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Monitoring: We reserve the right to monitor the use of our premises, equipment, devices, computers, network, applications, software, and similar assets and resources. In the event such monitoring occurs, it may result in the collection of personal information about you. Some Life Time facilities are equipped with surveillance equipment such as cameras and CCTV which may capture your image or information about your movements, and which may be used to protect the safety of Life Time staff, members, visitors, and property. This is not meant to suggest that all Life Time personnel will in fact be monitored, but to alert you that when using Life Time equipment and resources, you should not have any expectations of privacy with respect to your use of such equipment or resources. Personal information generated by this monitoring is treated in accordance with this policy.
Personal Information does not include deidentified information or aggregate consumer information.
Life Time obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms or surveys you complete or services we provide you.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our website or mobile applications, among other things.
- Third parties. For example, staffing and recruiting agencies with whom we contract for services and consumer reporting agencies when we perform employee background screenings.
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect from you or about you for the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example, if you disclose your name and contact information to apply for a job or become an employee, we will use that Personal Information in connection with your employment or potential employment.
- To contact you and to inform you about benefits or information relating to your employment or potential employment.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website and services relating to your employment or potential employment.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your information or account with us.
- To process your requests or transactions and prevent fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our systems, App or Website, services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For research, analysis, and business development, including to develop and improve our business processes, Website and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise specified by applicable law or subsequently agreed to by you.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Life Time's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Life Time about our Consumers is among the assets transferred.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Life Time has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers.||Service providers, such as Benefits Administrators, Payroll Processors, Personnel Management Providers, Legal Service Providers, IT and Security Service Providers.|
|California Customer Records.||Benefits administrators, payroll processors, personnel management providers.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Benefits Administrators, Payroll Processors, Personnel Management Providers.|
|Commercial information||Legal service providers, IT and Security Service Providers.|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||IT and Security Service Providers.|
|Sensory data.||IT and Security Service Providers and Personal Management Providers.|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Benefits Administrators, Payroll Processors, Personnel Management Providers, Legal Service Providers, IT and Security Service Providers.|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.||IT and Security Service Providers.|
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you. We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than is reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes we disclose in this policy.
Sales and Sharing of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Life Time has not sold or shared (other than with Service Providers to use solely on Life Time’s behalf) your Personal Information.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
Subject to certain limitations, if you reside in California, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, and to access your information, (2) request correction of your Personal Information, (3) request deletion of your Personal Information, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To exercise the access, data portability, correction, and deletion rights described above, as well as to request that we limit our processing of your sensitive personal information, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-888-430-6432
- Accessing our Request Portal (external link - opens in a new window)
Only you, or a person authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. If we receive your request from an authorized agent and they do not provide a valid power of attorney, we may ask the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request to exercise rights on your behalf. In the absence of a valid power of attorney, we may also require you to verify your own identity directly with us or confirm to us that you otherwise provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please call 1-888-430-6432.
Changes to Our California Employee Notice at Collection
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. If we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date at the top of this policy and in, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice, such as adding a statement of notice on the App and Website or sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
- Phone: 1-888-430-6432
- Email: Privacy@lt.life (external link - opens in your email browser)
- Postal Address:
ATTN: Privacy Team
Life Time, Inc.
2902 Corporate Place
Chanhassen, MN 55317